2020 will be an exciting year with Ice Axe Expeditions. We are now offering 3 new adventure skiing opportunities for our new Alpine Mavens women’s program. This year’s two trips to Iceland were great successes and we are excited to continue forward with our bookings for more Ice Axe Expeditions women’s trips in the coming years.
The first trip will be to Gulmarg — Kashmir, India in February. For more information and registration — see link here: 2020 Gulmarg Ski Trip
The second trip will be the Lyngen Alps — Norway in April. See link here:
2020 Lyngen Alps Ski Trip (coming soon)
Potential Schedule:April 17 arrive TromsoApril 18 Board Valiente around 12 and set sail.April 18-22 Lyngen area (Senjahopen,April 23-25 FinnmarkApril 25 depart Alta in the PM.
Lyngen Alps Norway
The Lyngen Alps are an iconic backcountry ski area in far north Norway. The Lyngen Alps range is in part surrounded by water, allowing for typically Norwegian ski & sail adventures where boats are used to access the skiing terrain plus as a base for meals & accommodation.
The Lyngen Alps are about 90km long & 20km wide with a highest point of 1833m. The range includes glaciers, steep couloirs, gentle bowls & tree skiing down low. Summits typically skied in the Lyngen Alps are less than 1200m high, with descents going all the way down to sea level. “Skin out, ski in” is a reasonable motto for any visit to the area.
General Info: Lyngen Alps
- Quality snow & reliable snow pack until late in the season;
- Endless backcountry powder skiing & snowboarding options;
- High adventure above the Arctic Circle;
- Stunning surroundings & views;
- Terrain includes easy bowls to challenging couloirs;
- Ski directly back to the boat;
- Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) viewing possible;
- Delicious fresh fish available.
- Fully qualified guide/instructor for tour duration– max 1:7 ratio
- 7 nights twin share accommodation on a boat in a double or bunk room.
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Airport transfers – Tromso to/from boat
- All boat transport during the tour.
- Avalanche Safety Equipment (Shovel, Probe, Beacon)
- Fishing boats & equipment
- SINGLE ROOMS: Price on application.
- DRINKS: All beverages other than H2O. But, beer can be purchased on the boat.
- Flights to Tromso via Oslo and return Alta
- Travel Insurance
- Snacks & Beverages
- Touring GearCost: $6000 Euro per person (10 guests max) and 2 guides (5 to 1 ratio)
And, the third trip will be to Svalbard — in May. See link here:
2020 Svalbard Ski Trip (coming soon)
I am excited to be leading the first two trips (maybe 3) and will be joined by other local guides and/or US female guides for a couple of these exciting opportunities.
For any questions, please contact me at at email@example.com or (970)729-0663.